Website Estate Planning Law Center
It's All About Family!
You juggle multiple tasks like a magician. Your extraordinary people skills are matched only by your attention to detail, allowing you to coordinate and manage all client interactions. You want to make a genuine difference in people’s lives by helping our clients achieve their planning goals and attain greater peace of mind. You’re looking for an opportunity to work full-time with a rapidly growing “model” law firm that sets the standard in estate planning and elder law nationwide. Finally, you value a satisfying work/life balance with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth, a competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and generous profit sharing.
If this sounds like you, we should talk. We are a law firm with a focused practice in Estate and Elder Law Planning and Administration in need of a reliable and proactive Paralegal. The Paralegal will work directly with our attorneys to prepare client work, draft legal documents, and be responsible for developing and maintaining all Probate and Trust Administration cases. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all our clients’ needs.
- Central point of contact for all post-death related case matters.
- Manages timeline and sets expectations of each estate, probate, and trust administration.
- Handles high-volume of client communication including calls and emails.
- Oversees petition drafting and correspondence to clients and advisors.
- Proposes/discusses taxes, prepares petitions, affidavits, inventory assets and waivers, and tracks these matters throughout the process.
- Organization & collection of asset information, statements, deeds, and company forms.
- Discusses asset and financial information, reaching out to professionals, clients, employers, etc.
- Enters all relevant information to the client asset/liability or funding table.
- Documents all time related to the completion of the above-referenced tasks, if necessary.
- Prepares all Probate and Trust Administration accountings for the respective matters.
- Is responsible for all dictation/outgoing correspondence and firm form letters.
- Is responsible for creating, modifying and maintaining all internal forms.
- Creates all probate petitions, decrees and forms required for filing.
- Drafts all deeds, trusts, wills, powers of attorney and health care proxies.
- Enters all relevant general information and meeting notes into the firm database.
- Enters any applicable attorney and paralegal time into billing/time tracking software.
- Prepares probate and trust administration accountings for respective clients with direction from the Attorney.
- Calendars all work and is responsible for meeting applicable deadlines and having work ready for signings.
- Provides a weekly status report to the team during the Weekly Team Meeting
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Excellent organization abilities
- Strong communication and conversational abilities
- Strong research skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in using legal database software
- Self-leadership in a team environment
- Experience/understanding of assets and financial system
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit eplawcenter.com.