Website Estate Planning Law Center
It's All About Family!
We are a law firm with a focused practice in Estate and Elder Law Planning and Administration in need of a reliable and proactive Paralegal. The Paralegal will work directly with our attorneys to prepare client work, draft legal documents, and be responsible for developing and maintaining all Probate and Trust Administration cases. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all our clients’ needs.
- Oversees petition drafting and correspondence to clients and advisors.
- Proposes/discusses taxes, prepares petitions, affidavits, inventory assets and waivers, and tracks these matters throughout the process.
- Documents all time related to the completion of the above-referenced tasks, if necessary.
- Prepares all Probate and Trust Administration accountings for the respective matters.
- Is responsible for all dictation/outgoing correspondence and firm form letters.
- Is responsible for creating, modifying and maintaining all internal forms.
- Creates all probate petitions, decrees and forms required for filing.
- Drafts all deeds, trusts, wills, powers of attorney and health care proxies.
- Enters all relevant general information and meeting notes into the firm database.
- Enters any applicable attorney and paralegal time into billing/time tracking software.
- Prepares probate and trust administration accountings for respective clients with direction from the Attorney.
- Calendars all work and is responsible for meeting applicable deadlines and having work ready for signings.
- Provides a weekly status report to the team during the Weekly Team Meeting
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Strong research skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in using legal database software
- Self-leadership in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Compensation based on experience and qualifications
To apply for this job please visit eplawcenter.com.