Client Services – The primary responsibility of this department is to ensure the client needs are being met from the first contact with our firm and through each law firm process (Estate Planning, Medicaid Qualification, Probate, Trust Administration, Guardianship, and Future Care Planning). You should contact client services to schedule an upcoming workshop or to inquire of any upcoming meetings.
Professional Services – All questions for our legal team from Attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors, insurance agents, banks and other professionals are handled by this department, including scheduling meetings with attorneys, private client workshops and in-house professional educational programs.
Agency Services – All questions for our legal team from agencies and Long Term Care facilities are handled by this department, including in-house educational programs, private resident consultations and facility assistance with coordination of services provided by other agencies.
Legal Services – The legal Services department handles all Medicaid, Probate, Trust Administration, Guardianships, Special Needs and Future Care Planning.
- Medicaid Qualification – Preparation, submission of application with the Department of Social Services to provide required information and respond to inquiries related to both institutional and community Medicaid.
- Probate – Handling all matters related to the submission of Will to Surrogate’s Court, Appointment of Executor and administration of the estate.
- Trust Administration – Redistribution of trust assets after the death of the grantor to establish post death trusts in accordance with Trustmakers wishes.
- Special Needs / Guardianship / Future Care Planning – Planning concerns for disabled and/or incompetent individuals regarding their current and future needs.
Estate Planning Services – Counsel clients on the identification, design and signing of individual client estate plans. Any legal/technical questions or questions regarding the design or signing of client estate plans are handled in this department.
- Traditional Planning – Handling all matters regarding Wills, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Power of Attorneys, Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts.
- Modern Planning – Handling all matters specific to single people, unmarried couples, blended families, LGBT, and planning for pets.
- Medicaid Planning – Pre-crisis planning pertaining to protection of assets from Nursing Homes and ensure eligibility for Medicaid if needed. Pooled Trust Notification Bill that requires Medicaid applicants and recipients, who have to much income to initially qualify, to be notified of this Pooled Income Trust planning option.
- Asset Protection Planning – Protection of assets from the Government, Taxes, Lawsuits, and Nursing Homes, divorce, bad business ventures and predators.
- Business Succession Planning – Protection of business interests and ensure effective plan in place to continue business if unanticipated incapacity or death of principal. Help business owners explore tax efficient options to sell their business and minimize taxes or transfer it to next generation and to preserve their financial security.
- Advanced Tax Planning – Handling all matters concerning potentially large income or estate taxes. State of the art strategies that permit individuals to minimize taxes but maintains control and financial security. We help identify family strengths and goals for 1, 2, 3 or more generations while protecting a lifetime of assets for future generations and from their indiscretions.